Smartwatches are a growing market. While currently dominated by the Apple Watch, several more credible alternatives exist.
Useful for tracking your emails and monitoring your heart rate when you exercise, they make fantastic gifts for the gadget aficionado in your life. If you’re looking for an alternative to the ubiquitous Apple Watch, look no further.
We’ve done the research for you and found six of the best smartwatches for android. Ranging in price, style and functionality, you are bound to find something that fits your needs and budget.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro
Samsung’s latest offerings to the smartwatch market are arguably the closest you’ll get to an Apple Watch without actually buying an Apple Watch. The Pro version wins over its younger sibling, mainly due to its battery length, with some reviews claiming 65 hours of use before needing to recharge. Don’t let that fool you, though. The Galaxy Watch 5 is still a great smartwatch and worth considering if your budget doesn’t stretch to the more expensive Pro version.
- A bright crystal display that displays the information you need clearly
- A touch bezel (which replaces the famous rotating bezel)
- An upgrade to the software from previous versions
- Limited to using the Samsung Health app, although it is possible to sync to Google health, it’s not straightforward
- The pro version is physically larger, with more capabilities and a longer battery life than the Galaxy Watch
Google Pixel Watch
Beautiful to look at and feature-packed, there is much to like about Google’s offering. Featuring a recycled stainless steel body and custom 3D glass, the sleek, curvy design attracts attention. Once you dig a little, you’ll realize that the pixel is not just pretty to look at.
- Fitness tracking by Fitbit, meaning if you already use their products, transferring your data should be painless. Google states that the pixel offers the most accurate heart rate tracking ability yet. The suit of fitness tools also includes an ECG app and blood oxygen tracking.
- The screen is small, but this is made up by the crisp, bright display, and the adaptive light sensor means the screen can be viewed in various light settings.
- The watch runs on Wear OS 3.5 and integrates well with other google and android products giving a seamless experience.
The Google Pixel Watch can be found on Amazon and retails for $449.
Garmin Vivoactive 4, Garmin Venu and Venu Plus
A set of solid offerings from Garmin, known for their fitness apps and products, the Vivoactive, Venu and Venu Pro models are excellent. Garmin has several fitness watch models with the more expensive Venu and Venu Plus worth considering.
Features of the Vivoactive 4 include:
- Sleek, lightweight build and a responsive color touchscreen
- Able to track many sports and fitness activities with 20-plus pre-loaded
- Access to a large number of health and fitness stats allowing you to track your goals
- Allows you to stay connected, giving you access to your email, calendar, weather updates, music and more
- The Venu and Venu Plus retail at a higher price and have an AMOLED display. All three watches have a very similar feature set. Which you pick is a matter of personal choice and budget.
Which SmartWatch Is The Best?
Which watch is the best is a difficult question and one we’re reluctant to judge. Defining the best is subjective and dependent on your needs and budget. We can say that all the watches covered here are solid offerings worth exploring. If you’re looking for something different in the smartwatch market, you can’t go wrong picking one of these options.