If you are interested in a new smart display, you may have thought about the Amazon Echo Show 15. This is one of the most anticipated products on the market, but it’s also one of the most expensive smart displays. It is meant to be hung on the wall, which makes it unique in the category of smart displays; however, it is worth the price tag, and is it right for you? Take a look at a few important points below, and consider purchasing an Amazon Echo Show 15.
Amazon Echo Show 15: The Specifications
Before diving into the Amazon Echo Show 15, you might be interested in a few specifics. They include:
- Camera: 5 MP
- Display: 1920 x 1080, 15.6 inches
- Size: Without the stand, 15.8 x 9.9 x 1.4 in.
- Speakers: Dual, 1.6 in.
- Weight: Just under 5 pounds
What Does the Amazon Echo Show 15 Look Like?
Overall, the Amazon Echo Show 15 looks like a large photo frame. It is a large screen that is encompassed by a black border. It might not look quite as flashy as the rotating display of the Amazon Echo Show 10, but it is also significantly thinner, meaning that it does not take up nearly as much space. Because it is so thin, it has to be hung on the wall.
If you look on top of the frame, you will see buttons to control the volume, a slider you can use to physically cover the camera lens when you are not using it, as well as a button that you can use to control the mic. There’s also just enough room for you to cram any unnecessary wire behind the frame. It is not quite large enough to accommodate the Amazon Echo Show 15’s power plug, so the plug will stick out a little bit when you hang it on the wall.
What Are the Benefits and Drawbacks of the Amazon Echo Show 15?
There are several significant benefits to the Amazon Echo Show 15. They include:
- The screen is much larger than other options, so you will have a more immersive experience.
- The widgets are responsive and generally helpful.
- The Amazon Echo Show 15 is relatively thin, so it does not take up much space.
- It comes with Amazon Fire TV built-in.
- It is easy to hang up on the wall.
On the other hand, some of the drawbacks you might notice include:
- The audio quality is not nearly as clear as some of the other options on the market.
- The camera does not provide the best definition.
- The widget selection is not that varied.
- The power plug is going to stick out a little bit once you hang it on the wall.
You should think about the benefits and drawbacks of the Amazon Echo Show 15 before you decide if it is right for you.
Should You Buy the Amazon Echo Show 15?
So, is the Amazon Echo Show 15 right for you? The answer is it depends. If you are interested in having a large screen in the center of your living room that comes with an Alexa you can use to power the screen itself, then it is probably worth the investment.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a smart display that will provide you with crystal-clear audio, then the Amazon Echo Show 15 might not be the best option.
In the future, there might be more widgets available for the Amazon Echo Show 15 that you can use. So, it is important to keep your eyes and ears open for updates. There is a chance that the Amazon Echo Show 15 will improve down the road.