Rebuild Old Software
Is your software outdated?
So many of our customers are struggling with an old legacy software system that doesn’t fit their modern needs. It’s a glaringly obvious issue that can feel overwhelming to tackle. It may be time to update your business systems if:
- Your old software needs to be run on a physical computer / remote desktop and your business is heavily reliant on this one machine staying up at all times
- Your software won’t run on the current Windows / platform version or can no longer be updated
- Data cannot be accessed remotely
- Concurrent users connecting remotely causes issues
- Fnding a legacy programmer to make changes and updates is next to impossible
- System is slow or takes a long time to load
- Databases are designed in MS Access
Building new software for your business is a way to reduce overall costs by increasing productivity, efficiency, and overall communication
Advantages to Building a new System
- Access your data remotely, any time, anywhere
- Modernize your user experience
- Can be run in the cloud on a more powerful host, less likely to fail locally
- Uptime guaranteed
- Once rebuilt, you can easily add on new modules
Starting your project is easy:
- Give us a call to discuss your project needs and determine if custom software is right for your business, or if we can recommend an off-the-shelf solution
- Once we’ve determined if custom software is the right fit for your business, we’ll start on our 5 stage project process. Learn more about our process here: https://www.essentialdesigns.net/our-process/
- With each project we take on, we assign a dedicated team for your development needs. This team includes: your ED Sales Rep, Project Manager, Developer(s), Technical Lead, Designer(s) and a wireframe specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have custom software, can you take over the development?
Project takeovers are very common for us, we are very experienced with legacy systems and older coding languages. We can typically either take over the ongoing development of the platform for you, or if it is a very old system that you are looking to rebuild, we can use the system as an initial model from which we build out a plan for a new modern application.
How does payment work during a project?
Our projects are fixed price, and payments are made based on Milestones during the project. For each project that we begin we create a Milestone list, along with the dates for deployment of that Milestone and the payment associated to it. There is also an initial payment and a portion of payment that is withheld until final sign off and approval is given.
Can you build a prototype of my software idea?
Typically how we build out software in the initial phase to keep cost down is to build whats call the MVP – the Minimum Viable Product. The idea is that you want to create the fewest number of features to start this way to can test and implement your new system while keeping cost low, and add on features from there.
I have an idea for a new software project, what are the next steps?
Every piece of software starts as a concept, the next phase is to get more tangible and build out a features list or what we call a “Scope Document”. This document is a written version of your concept, along with anything and everything you can think of on how you envision the software working. Listing features and as much detail that you can think of at this stage is valuable.
How much does it cost to build?
There is typically not a quick answer to this, though we are happy to try and ballpark your project once we have built out a features list. There are also a number of options which impact the price to select from, for example a responsive web application is much less than building two separate native applications for both iOS & Android.
Can your development team handle our workload, and when would you be able to begin?
We have a team of 14 full time senior developers, and as such are typically able to get started on your project right away. We may require adjusting the schedule to assign the appropriate team member, but typically always have a period of wireframe and design at the start of the project, which we are able to get started on immediately.
Contact Us Today
We would be happy to discuss your ideas and how we can help you.